Director Mark Ghilarducci today brought together public and private sector leaders at the first Homeland Security Advisory Committee (HSAC) meeting in Mather, CA.
Members were sworn in to HSAC which serves to coordinate California’s Homeland Security strategy and objectives. As Governor Edmund G. Brown’s Homeland Security Advisor (HSA) and the state’s top Emergency Manager, Director Ghilarducci will lead this effort.
The HSAC will promote a unified approach to fulfilling California’s homeland security mission, promoting partnerships to preserve safety of all Californians. The committee will advise Director Ghilarducci on California’s homeland security priorities and work together to identify gaps in the state’s homeland security efforts and offer recommendations. It will also leverage federal, state, local, tribal, private and non-profit resources and initiatives, aligning them with California’s homeland security priorities.
The HSAC will meet 3-4 times annually, or as needed. Members are appointed to a two year term by Director Ghilarducci. HSAC members include, but not limited to:
- Governor’s Cabinet Secretary
- Adjutant General, California Military Department
- Commissioner, California Highway Patrol
- Director, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- Secretary, California State Transportation Agency
- Secretary, California Health and Human Services Agency
- President, California State Sheriff’s Association
- President, California Police Chief’s Association
- President, California Metropolitan Fire Chief’s Association
- Tribal Representative – Police Chief, Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation
- Chair, Coalition of California UASIs
- SAC, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Commander, State Threat Assessment Center
- Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Secretary, California Government Operations Agency
- Executive Director, California State Association of Counties
- Admiral, U.S. Coast Guard, Alameda
- S. Department of Homeland Security, CBP Regional Director
- Fusion Center Fiduciary Representative
- Private Sector Partners
- FEMA Region IX Regional Administrator
More information about Cal OES, click www.caloes.ca.gov.