Whether it’s a major wildfire or a search and rescue mission, the Cal OES Law Enforcement Branch is there. Providing valuable services to California’s law enforcement agencies is the call the Cal OES Law Branch has answered for 57 years.
During emergencies, Cal OES Law Branch plays a critical role coordinating mutual aid resources local jurisdictions need to help them respond to an emergency. This coordination of law enforcement officers from jurisdictions all around the state is through the Law Enforcement Mutual Aid (LEMA) system.
Most recently, the Cal OES Law Enforcement Branch has been involved in major events like the Erskine Fire in Kern County, Oroville Dam Emergency in Butte County, Super Bowl 50, numerous Search and Rescue missions including the rescue of missing hiker Cody Michael, Butte Fire in Calaveras County, Boles Fire in the City of Weed – just to name a few.
The Cal OES Law Branch is also involved in Coroners and Mass Fatality coordination, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Active Shooter Awareness Guidance, Training, State Threat Assessment System, and the California Cybersecurity Integration Center and plays an integral part in the overall efforts to keep California safe.
This week is National Police Week and we honor those currently serving or that have served in the police force, including our very own here at Cal OES.
Videos about Cal OES Law Enforcement Branch:
- State Operations Center: Law Enforcement Mutual Aid
- Search and Rescue Dog Teams in Training
- Training Day: Search and Rescue Dog Teams
- Direction and Control of the Search Function “Winter SAR Operations”
- Law Branch Chief Mark Pazin on Law Enforcement Mutual Aid on Wildfires
Stories about Cal OES Law Enforcement Branch:
- California’s Law Enforcement Mutual Aid System at Work Protects Lives, Homes and Properties August 5, 2015
- Law Enforcement Agencies and the NFL Plan, Prepare and Partner for Super Bowl Safety – February 3, 2016
- Law Enforcement Mutual Aid Answers Call to Support Community Protection at Butte Fire – September 12, 2015
For more about the Cal OES Law Enforcement Branch, click here.