SACRAMENTO – A FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center is open Saturday, Nov. 7, in San Bernardino County to serve El Dorado fire survivors for one day only.
The center is part of the ongoing response and recovery mission for FEMA and the State of California to assist survivors with disaster information.
It is located at the Yucaipa Regional Park, 34900 Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399. Hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST.
Survivors can register with FEMA for federal aid in one of three ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov;
- By downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet; or
- By calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. PST. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel, should provide FEMA with the specific number assigned to that service when they register.
- The helpline staff can also answer questions about applications already submitted.
- Deadline to register is Dec. 16.
Registration enables FEMA to determine residents’ eligibility for financial assistance that may include rent, home repair, home replacement and other serious disaster-related needs such as childcare, transportation and medical, funeral or dental expenses.