Elevated fire conditions and extreme weather events and wind systems forecast across California, combined with planned public safety power shutoffs, creates the opportune situation for every Californian to assess their personal preparedness.
Important steps for Californians to consider include:
- Updating contact information
- Plan ahead for medical needs
- Plan for the needs of pets and livestock
- Identifying backup charging methods
- Build or restock emergency kits
- Designate an emergency meeting location
- Know how to manually open garage doors
- Ensure backup generators are ready to safely operate
The list doesn’t stop here, but provides the basic reminders Californian’s need to start preparing early and ahead of events.
For more information, you can find Disaster Preparedness tips here.