SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 679,099 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 6,004 newly recorded confirmed cases Tuesday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 5.8% and the 14-day positivity rate is 6.1%.
- There have been 10,832,757 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 70,251 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 12,407 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- A total of 34 counties are required to close indoor operations for certain sectors based on the July 13 order to slow community transmission.